Monday, November 22, 2010

Ear Confections

In other words...ear infections...

Unfortunately it is that time of the year.  Both kids and myself have had our first colds in the month of November.  Someone has been sick in our house, pretty much the whole month of November.  First Brooke, then Brandon and then myself.

Ear tubes have been our savior, but only when they are working.  Brandon's cold was so bad that I have been nervous that his tubes might be getting clogged and not be doing anything to prevent fluid build up and infections.

Today was our 6 month follow up from his surgery and thankfully his ears look great!  Both tubes are still in (hope they make it through this winter) and there is no build up in his ear.

The doc was very nice and he actually looked in Brooke's ears too, without charging me a co-pay for each kid....rare these days.   He has done 2 tube surgeries on Brooke, so she is a patient of his.  Her left ear tube is gone, and the right ear had so much wax he couldn't even see if it was still there or not.  Her ear surgery was a year ago in October, so I am hoping we don't run into more infections with her. I was hoping her would get us through this winter too.  Looks like she made it through this past cold without one, so I am hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment