Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Birthday

I didn't plan on spending Brooke's birthday in all day, but that is what happens when you have a stomach bug.  Shortly after I finished baking and icing 40 cupcakes for her to bring to school on Wednesday, a stomach bug reared its ugly head.

We didn't do anything really exciting on her actual birthday besides let her open some gifts from us.  She felt much better than the day before, but I wasn't about to risk it by taking her out of the house.

So, we didn't go and get a balloon, or have a cupcake with a candle in it.  I still think she is a little confused that it was her birthday, because it didn't turn out to be all that special of a day.  While it was special to me, it felt like just another normal day for her.  On the up side, at least she didn't have to go to school on her birthday!

Her party is on Saturday (combined with Brandon's while I can still get away with it), so hopefully it will sink in by then and she will be able to have some fun.

This is what you look like when you are 4, on your birthday, and you don't feel good :(

No comments:

Post a Comment