Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dentist



Brooke had her first dentist appointment today! I am really bummed I forgot my camera, but I got some great shots with my cellphone that I will try to upload. I had been talking to Brooke about going for awhile now, so I was pretty sure she would be ok with going and not freak out. She did AWESOME!!!

They had tons of toys to keep her occupied while we waiting (the only negative part...we waited...about 20 minutes, which is a long time for a 3yr old) We had Pappap with us to entertain Brandon (thank goodness).

We saw Dr. Amy at Flanders Pediatric Dentistry. She was super nice and let Brooke play with all of the instruments before she used them. They gave Brooke sunglasses so the light wouldn't hurt her eyes while she was laying down, and a complimentary ride on the chair. I sat with her the whole time, and she did so well they did a cleaning and a flouride treatment.

She chose chocolate toothpaste (yummers!) and marshmallow flouride (even better!) I forget the name they gave the sucker thing....Mr. straw or something like that...the funniest part was the first time she closed her mouth on it, she couldn't quite get it open on her own! It was too cute. After the first few times she "kissed" "Mr. Straw"...she got the hang of it.

All of her teeth look great and we are due back in 6 months, for another date with "Mr. Straw"....and Dr. Amy.





No comments:

Post a Comment