Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mom Moment

I had a totally mommy brain moment about two weeks ago.  I am usually pretty good about keeping things together, but apparently not on this particular day.  I went to a different grocery store than I normally do because I needed a few things that are harder to find for the kids birthday party.  After spending longer than I usually do in the store, with the kids on edge, I unload my full cart onto the belt.  Everything was rung up and I pulled out my wallet to pay. 

Well, I went to pull out my wallet to pay, but it wasn't there.  I never take my wallet out without putting it back.....but on this day I left it on the front seat after I went through the Starbucks drive-thru.  Apparently I should have finished my coffee before I went into the grocery store and maybe prevented this.  I felt like a big idiot, but it all ended well.  Luckily no one was behind me in line so the cashier (and older woman who was very nice and not grumpy about the situation) turned off her light and waited for me to race out to the car and come back with my wallet.  She even offered to watch the kids for me!

I felt like such a moron, but luckily my car was close!

No comments:

Post a Comment