Thursday, October 22, 2009

Panera and the Potty

So I obviously have a lot of catching up to do. I will get there eventually, but I am going to start with a little post about our day today. Most of you know by now that I am a complete Panera junkie. I try to limit myself to once a week, but sometimes I even have trouble doing that. When I was pregnant with Brandon, I think I had it at least twice a week, including every day that I was in the hospital when he was born.

But anyway, back to my original story... So back to our Panera trip today... You know you get your food to go entirely too often, when your 2yr old looks up at you as you are taking a seat and she has a huge smile on her face and is practically screaming, "Thank you for letting me eat here Mommy!!!" For those of you with kids, on most days, it is much easier and less stressful to just get it to go and to deal with the kids in your own house. So I guess I was feeling brave today. (I actually was starving and needed to go to the grocery story, so I didn't want to unload the kids at home, just to eat and load them back up again for the store.)

With Brandon entertained, I was actually enjoying my lunch with some casual conversation with Brooke. She can be soooo sweet sometimes! If you don't want to hear about potty talk...stop here. As I am eating I thought I heard her say something about not having to go potty. So I decided not to ask her what she was talking about. With about ten bites of my awesome salad left....I hear the dreaded words..."Mommy, I have to go potty."

Did I mention I was starving? So I ask her if she could wait a few more minutes. Sher replied with, "Mommy, I have to go potty...PLEASE" So that means, no, she can't wait. So I am by myself, her grilled cheese is half gone, my salad looks like someone just didn't want to finish it. There was no way I could leave it on the table without it all being thrown away? I had no one to sit there and watch my food, so what was I supposed to do. Just toss the food, or have a puddle on the floor? Well...I was REALLY hungry...but this post is getting long...so to make a long story short...There we are, Brandon in the stroller, Brooke on the potty, in the handicapped bathroom, her grilled cheese in the diaper bag, and my salad in the bottom pouch of the stroller. Crisis avoided and Mommy with a full belly...(I went back out to the dining area to finish...but I still felt kinda gross)

So what did I learn today...to go to the bathroom as soon as we get to Panera next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment