Saturday, December 19, 2009

3rd Ear Infection

We arrived at my Mom's house in PA on Thursday, followed by a visit to urgent care on Friday the 18th, for little Brandon. Poor little man has the third ear infection since the beginning of November. Yes...That is 3 in two months. Not to mention that he is getting about 2 to 3, maybe 4 teeth, so he has been quite to vocal little guy the past two days. Not very fun to deal with all of this when you aren't in the comforts of your own home, but we are managing. He has been living in the Ergo, and I am passing him off when he lets me, which isn't very often. When I do pass him off, it is usually short lived followed by loud screaming which can be heard in every room in the house.

So back to his 3rd ear infection. It was so much fun dealing with urgent care.....NOT! They obviously don't see pediatric patents very often. After the diagnosis of a left ear infection, 15 minutes later the prescription followed....15 minutes spent doing division, multiplication, and referencing the little book they use to find medicines? Lets just say when i heard her say, "oh wow, they make pediatric infant drops of amoxicillian, lets try that"....the next thought that came into my mind was...."we are so calling our pediatrician as soon as we get into the parking lot". For those of you that are curious.....they don't even make that anymore. Glad to know she was using a book that is current and up to date!

So in between calls to the pediatricians, and calls back, then calls to the pharmacist, the poor boy finally got the correct script. and a dose of meds into his body around 4PM. We left urgent care at 10AM.

So here we are in PA, lets put this lightly (with a pissed off 10 month old) and an almost 3yr old with a cold. Thank goodness for grandparents, relieving me for a few minutes, and here I am updating my blog when I should be chugging a glass of wine.

Well Brooke just found me, so I am done for now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment