Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Potty Training Round 2

We are officially diaper free, for the next few months anyway.

I had tried to train Brandon a few months ago for my own selfish reasons, but it was just too early and he wasn't ready.  My latest plan was to try after all of our summer beach vacations were over, which was about 3 weeks ago.  A few days after we got home from LBI in early August, I pulled the trigger.

Off with the diaper, no undies, just long t-shirts and a little froggy potty.  I was surprised how well he did, seeing how he is a boy and only 2.5yrs, but he was more ready than I expected.  For the first week, he had an accident maybe once a day and since then only random ones here and there, very rarely.  I am so please at how well it went and how well he did.  He is dry through all of his naptimes and even sometime in the mornings.  In reality it was only a few days for him to get the hang of it, maybe a day or 2 longer than it took Brooke.

Now teaching him how to stand, aim and use the big potty are our next challenges!!

No comments:

Post a Comment