Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day Of Pre-School


Today was Brooke's first day of pre-school. She will be going 3 days a week, half-days. I had been prepping her for a few weeks now for her first day trying to make sure she was as ready as possible.

She was a little worried about going because there was going to be "no mommy" at school. When we got there she was clinging on to me and kept telling me that she didn't want me to go. It was breaking my heart, because I didn't want to leave her either. She was just about on the verge of tears when her awesome teacher came to the rescue and scooped her right up. It was exactly what she needed. It gave me the chance to leave without any tears from my little one! I called two times (9am and 10:30am) and was relieved to find out that she was having a great day and didn't cry at all. I'm happy to say that I didn't cry either! I was about to on the way out, but I recovered and was able to spend the morning alone with my little man.

Overall she had a great day, besides the dissapoinment that her teacher didn't teach her to read on her first day. I think we have a little over achiever on our hands. This whole day gave me a bunch of mixed emotions about my little girl getting so big but that is for another post. Here are the obligatory first day pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment