Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football Season

Football season 2010 is upon us. This year the kids are a year older and a year wiser. Or you could say, a year older so....more attentive than ever before.

Within the first five minutes of Eric watching his beloved Mountaineers, he yells FUMBLE at the TV. Of course Brooke shouted right back, then shouted "HELLO, HELLO, why aren't they answering me?" so...

Not only is it a new season of football, it is a new season of new rules.

New Rule #1 (I will be adding to this throughout the football season)
-We don't shout at the TV (whether you are 3 or 35)

-----3 hours later-----

As I was writing this, football was turned on again, and as soon as Brooke saw it she yelled, "HELLO, HELLO". I reminded her of the rule but it is hard for her to understand seeing how Daddy yelled too. So I will be working with both kids (3yr old and 35yr old) on this new rule.

After the fumble Eric was describing to Brooke what happened and who got the ball. As soon as the replay came on Eric said, "Look Brooke, the fat white guy got it."....

Instant cringe by me and Eric, of course she repeated it, lovely adjective and all.....Eric just looked at me and said, "Maybe we just shouldn't watch football together."....

The jury is still out.

No comments:

Post a Comment