Monday, September 13, 2010

Freedom

Now that Brooke is in pre-school a few days a week, I have a lot more time one on one with just Brandon and I love it. I never got to do this when Brooke was his age because I was still working. I didn't stop working until she was 2, so I am loving this time with Brandon (one on one) while he is still little.

Sometimes I still feel guilty that I didn't get this time with Brooke, but I had no choice. I HAD to work when she was little and she was in good hands from age 1 to 2. She only spent 5 months in daycare before then and she won't even remember it, even though I won't forget it. So I am trying to put those feelings aside and really enjoy the time I have with Brandon.

been getting to do a lot more things when Brooke isn't around. Normally when I go out with the two of them Brandon always gets put up in the Ergo, because the two of them never want to walk in the same direction, so it is easier that way.

Today when we were wasting time before his gym class, I actually took him out of the car and let him walk! That's a BIG change! He loved it, he loves exploring.

He got to push the button for the elevator to go up and down.

On the first day of school, he got to go to the playground and play with everything he wanted to, on his own time, which included looking at trucks and not much playing.

In the past week and a half alone he has gotten a donut and part of my french toast bagel!

I find it funny because when I have just him I find myself thinking that I don't know how I ever thought one child was hard...it's such a breeze these days!

So along with walking around and pushing buttons...today he pushed the alarm button in the elevator at the pediatricians office. Scared the pants off him. Opps! (It was pretty funny though!) We've got plenty of time to work on that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment