Monday, November 2, 2009

Brandon's First Ear Infection

Today Brandon was diagnosed with his first ear infection. Needless to say I was not surprised. The extra crankiness, running nose...and runny eyes...yes I said runny eyes. He had so much crap in his sinuses that is started coming out of his eyes. As soon as I saw that last night I called and left the ped. a voice mail. When the doc walked in I said "I am going to be shocked if you tell me he doesn't have an ear infection."

I was right...always trust your instinct! Luckily it was only in one ear, and even though stuff was coming out of his eyes, we caught it early. Ten days of amoxicillin is in order for this little guy. It is way to early to talk about tubes, but if he is like his Daddy and his sister I am guessing February/March we will be in for his first round of tubes. Hopefully I am wrong, but that is my guess.

So we got home and got Brooke down for her nap and I decided to do something fun with him, since he was probably feeling crappy. I was feeling brave today so I decided on some finger painting. I feel bad because at this age Brooke had already done tons of painting....so anyway....today was his first time painting. I'll give you one guess what he tried to do....



Big surprise that he tried to eat a glob of finger paint! Thank goodness for non-toxic art supplies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment