Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Well, I think we can say we had an interesting car ride from NJ to my parents house in PA. I decided to go down on Tuesday so that we could take our time in PA, and make the day trip to the Please Touch Museum....which was awesome by the way.

Well I should have known we were in trouble when we hit traffic on a Tuesday in the middle of the day....but we survived. While sitting in stop and go traffic, I was doing just about anything I could to keep to troops happy. Brooke had her DVD player so she was fine. Brandon on the other hand decided that he was going to try and stay awake the whole ride. So it didn't take very long before my toy collection in my diaper bag dwindled down to about nothing.

As you may have read he is eating a lot of solid food these days, so I tried feeding him in the car. I know it isn't the smartest, and he could choke and all of that, but to keep us all sane, I did it. God forbid something would have happened, I would have put my car in park and been back there with him out of his car seat in 10 seconds. So back to the feeding him in the car. I drive a stick shift sedan, so I can reach back to his car seat pretty easily to feed him a tiny piece of chicken nugget at a time. It was going pretty well and he was eating a lot, until finally I gave him a piece and he had his fingers all in his mouth so I couldn't really give it to him. I figured he was just getting full, so I pushed it in his mouth a little and put my hand back on the wheel.

It wasn't until a few moments later, that we stopped (in traffic still) and I looked back and realized that I had shoved the last bite into his ear. He was indeed done and was turning away from me so I wouldn't put anymore in his mouth...I had to fish a M&M size piece of chicken nugget out of his little ear. Oops.

That was only the first adventure of the car ride. I dont' feel like typing the rest right now, so if you are curious, check back tomorrow.

As far as Thanksgiving in general, Brooke opted for mac & cheese, while Brandon actually ate mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, turkey and stuffing. He probably would have had dessert too, if I would have let him. He is such a good eater so far...lets hope he keeps it up. He is almost self-weaning....sad, but good at the same time. It was fun, but the trip went by way to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment